Junior Class Council prepares the annual Spring Fling

Junior+Class+Council+and+Prom+Committee+strives+to+meet+deadlines+by+May+17%2C+the+date+of+Spring+Fling.+%E2%80%9CSpring+Fling+is+meant+to+be+amazing+each+year.+Its+a+refresher+for+students+to+enjoy+themselves+after+the+long+toil+following+winter+break%2C%E2%80%9D+junior+Treasurer+Megan+Zheng+said.++%E2%80%9CIm+hoping+this+years+spring+fling+matches+last+years+energy.%E2%80%9D+
Adithiya Balaguru
Junior Class Council and Prom Committee strives to meet deadlines by May 17, the date of Spring Fling. “Spring Fling is meant to be amazing each year. It’s a refresher for students to enjoy themselves after the long toil following winter break,” junior Treasurer Megan Zheng said. “I’m hoping this year’s spring fling matches last year’s energy.”

This year, the Class of 2025 Class Council is planning for the annual Spring Fling event, brainstorming themes and decorations that entertain students, and create an unforgettable event. The council is incorporating a current theme and making sure all preparations are finished well in advance.

Meeting deadlines is the key to school events. The council strives to maintain the traditions of previous years while adding a special factor: reflecting a contemporary theme for students. Obtaining a clear focus provides opportunities for earlier dates. 

“We’re splitting up tasks based on those elements and making sure we get all purchase orders and big deals handled three weeks before the date of the dance,” junior President Akul Dixit said. “We’re just ordering all the material and making sure we have everything that the dance had last year and adding our own twist. We’re looking into trying to figure out that wow factor that we can bring this year.” 

Prior to show time, brainstorming reflects the needs and wants of each class. This is reflected by managing all aspects of this event and demonstrating accountability in the planning process. This year, the 2025 Class Council is particularly involved, as well as the Prom Committee. 

“There’re people in charge of decoration, logistics, hospitality and finance. For example, today we talked with the photo booth people and are in the process of getting on for Spring Fling,” junior Senator Sai Rangi said. “We had no control over last year, so this year I like more because we are in control of what’s going on and we have an idea of how everything is going to play out.” 

It is crucial to dedicate different roles in the transition of bringing this dance to life. Ticket sales and prices, budget allocation, volunteering coordination, and staying consistent in planning allow for necessary expenses and maximize resources. 

“As the class treasurer, my main role for Spring Fling this year is to make sure all the funds are being properly allocated for all the aspects of the event, so things like taking note of what needs to be bought or reused,” junior Treasurer Megan Zheng said.

With the plans set in motion, the Class Council expressed their visions for the Spring Fling this year. They remain focused on ensuring this dance highlights the theme of spring, continuing the goal of including every class.

Spring Fling is an ongoing tradition so a different class takes it every year, and its theme is inspired by its name,” junior Vice President Chris Jia said. “I think my favorite part is definitely seeing everything come together after months of planning and a whole afternoon of putting all the decorations up and such.”