Senior Class Council sells rose grams for Valentine’s Day

Michelle Du

The Senior Class Council advertised the Rose Grams on Instagram, Facebook, and on the morning announcements as well. “We wanted to celebrate Valentine’s Day,” senior Michelle Du said, “We thought that it was a good idea to celebrate the holiday in a cute way, and potentially get all the classes involved.”

Ashley Hwang, Staff Writer

In order to celebrate Valentine’s Day, the senior class council sold Rose Grams from February 2nd to 8th in the Nobel Commons. 

Sold during lunch for 5 days, a Rose Gram consisted of an individual rose, a card and envelope, and chocolate. Each Rose Gram was sold for three dollars, which were contributed towards funds for the Senior Class Council. 

“The funding will go towards our prom and graduation,” Class Council President Michelle Du said. 

One sophomore, Grace Lee, bought Rose Grams for her friends in lieu of the holiday. 

“I bought Rose Grams because since it’s Valentine’s day, I thought it would be a cute little surprise for my best friends,” Lee said. “I wish there were more fundraisers like this because it’s a pretty good idea, and I feel like a lot of people would like to buy things for their friends and support other classes.”

The Senior Class Council came up with the idea and were inspired from past class council fundraisers, like the 2021 class council. 

“In previous in-person years, Class Councils normally sold Valentine’s Rose Grams and we wanted to continue the tradition into this year,” Du said.