Benefits of binge-watching

Cera Kamdar
Binge-watching can serve as a form of stress relief as you settle down to watch a TV series on Disney+.

In our fast-paced world, it is easy to feel overwhelmed and stressed out. Finding room for self-care and relaxation is essential amidst the busy schedules students go through daily. However, there is a simple yet effective solution that often goes unnoticed: binge-watching. 

Binge-watching has become a cultural staple, with platforms like Netflix, Hulu and Disney+ providing endless hours of entertainment. Whether it’s catching up on the latest episodes of your favorite show or discovering a new movie, binge-watching is a way to escape from the demands of your daily life. 

Students are often trying to juggle academics, sports, extracurriculars and so much more. The mental and physical exhaustion that accumulates from school and other activities throughout the day can often become too much to handle. It is important to take a moment to unwind and recharge. By cuddling up on the couch with a cozy blanket and binge-watching your favorite series, you can escape into an alternate reality where anything is possible, allowing your brain to wander and your body to relax.  

Binge-watching also offers opportunities for social interactions and bonding. Watching TV shows and movies with friends and family can be a fun way to hang out with each other. Binge-watching brings people together in a unique and meaningful way, whether you’re quoting memorable lines, debating plot twists or simply just enjoying each other’s company.  

However, binge-watching is generally seen as a negative thing. There are concerns about the effects of binge-watching on your mental health and well-being. Some people worry that spending too much time in front of a screen may lead to strained eyes, disrupted sleep schedules, and feelings of loneliness and isolation. Although these impacts may vary from person to person, like most things in life, binge-watching should be done in moderation. Taking breaks, staying active, eating and sleeping are all a part of getting the perfect balance of guilty pleasure and physical well-being. 

Overall, binge-watching, like any other form of entertainment, has a place in our lives. It offers a blend of relaxation, escapism and social bonding. However, it is important to be smart about how you spend your time. While you enjoy your favorite series, it is crucial to not forget about life outside of your screens, ensuring that binge-watching is just one of the many ways you decompress and relax. If you keep a healthy balance, binge-watching can be an amazing way to let loose and forget about everything happening around you for just a few hours at a time. 

View Comments (2)

• A

audrey lMar 11, 2024 at 1:40 pm

very intuitive article, nicely written, enjoyed watching it and enjoyed ceras toes

Reply
  • J

jake kimMar 10, 2024 at 10:12 pm

cera’s toes??

Reply