Staying stylish and warm: winter fashion trends at Jefferson

After years being out of style, Uggs has made a comeback in winter fashion. // Image courtesy of Uggs

As winter sets in and temperatures drop, students are breaking out their coziest cold-weather items to stay warm while commuting to school and their classes.

The winter months present an opportunity for Jefferson students to get creative, combining style and comfort in their seasonal wardrobe choices. Leggings, roomy oversized sweaters, versatile puffer coats and Uggs rule the hallways as the winter season seeps in.

For many, stretchy leggings serve as essential pieces, seamlessly layering them under jeans and sweatpants with diverse sweaters and boot brands atop.  Meanwhile, sweaters spike in popularity for instantly pulled-together casual winter outfits. Students wear stylish knit sweaters in rich neutrals or bolder hues paired with thick pants to keep them warm.                    

Speaking of pants, pajama pants prioritize coziness for Jefferson students. From the long commute on the bus to the walk to first period, these pants keep you snug all day long. The popular fuzzy flannel prints and infamous red plaid design pants coordinate nicely with the famed Ugg boot, pairing two longtime staples of casual fashion.

To pair with pajama pants and Uggs, a crewneck or hoodie is often worn.

Popular brands like Essentials and White Fox Boutique provide their consumers with soft interiors and stylish exteriors, allowing customers to feel comfortable and look fashionable while wearing their clothes. 

These winter outfits are great for students to wear because they promote productivity during the school day. Instead of having the issue of being too cold in classrooms, students can feel warm and comfortable enough to enjoy their day.

This is the best trend because throughout the stressful weeks one may have, like midterms in the winter season, students can feel cozy enough to work and test-take their best. 

For maximum winter warmth, students endorse pairing Uggs with their everyday outfits. The famous winter shoe brand, Uggs, has made an impressive comeback these past couple of months thanks to its cozy, nostalgic aesthetic. Uggs exploded onto the global fashion scene during the early 2000s, their signature tan exterior and plush, soft interiors sparking a nationwide craze.

Now, two decades later, Gen Z rediscovered Uggs’ irresistible softness and warmth. Even students who prefer other winter styles understand the allure of slipping on a trusty pair of Uggs on a frigid January morning. 

No matter the individual look, students endorse seizing winter’s crisp air as a chance to debut appealing new fashion combos. As temperatures plunge, fashion thrives with staples like leggings, Uggs, and plaid pajama pants keeping students cozy and warm.