Kindness Extravaganza 2019

A photo gallery representing students coming together to share their experiences regarding random acts of kindness that they performed and received

Kindness Extravaganza 2019

Along with others, senior Yukta Chidanandan, picks up some pizza.

Sonia Kanchan

Sonia Kanchan

Sonia Kanchan

Sonia Kanchan, Staff Writer

• After learning about all the acts of kindness, sophomores Surya Bala and Dev Patel talk about the positives of the extravaganza. "The main motivation I had behind participating in this event was just to make someone’s day better. Mental health is a serious issue at Jefferson that not many of us are aware of and I wanted to do something about it," Bala said.

• While enjoying pizza, sophomore Anagha Gorukanti socializes with other students. "It was a great way to get to know my classmates, and I love pizza," Gorukanti said.

• TJ Minds Matter hosted the 2019 Kindness Extravaganza. "We wanted to do something like blind dating since it's February and Valentine’s day and all that, but more of a promoting kindness to strangers type of a thing, rather than dating," sophomore Gurleen Kaur, one of the organizers of the event said.

• Listening to the random acts of kindness being mentioned, senior Alyssa Nash smiles.

• Everyone crowds the pizza boxes with sophomore Raunak Daga grabbing the first slice of the event.

• Along with others, senior Yukta Chidanandan, picks up some pizza.

• After the passing out of pizza, two of the organizers of the Kindness Extravaganza, sophomores Gurleen Kaur and Eban Ebssa discuss the event. "I thought the kindness extravaganza would be a good opportunity for people to perform and receive kind acts, which both make you feel good, and also to make new friends," Ebssa said.

• Expressing sympathy for those who didn't receive any acts of kindness from their assigned person, sophomore Gurleen Kaur passes out Kit Kats to those students. "That way things were fair and all," Kaur said.

• Gathered in the senior lounge, students that took part in the 2019 Kindness Extravaganza, share the acts of kindness that they performed and received.

• Sophomores Gurleen Kaur, Eban Ebssa, Alexandra Friedman, and Katalin Budinzky take pleasure in the provided pizza and the randomness of acts full of kindness. "I know that whenever someone compliments me or just says something nice I always feel a lot more positive. Also, it's always fun to participate in an event like this. I usually make new friends because of TJ Minds Matter events," Budinzky said.