The REAL way to take a school picture

Picture Day 101; 5 “tips” to survive Picture Day.

Photo Courtesy of UNW via Google Images

A student smiling for her picture; an example what you should NOT be doing for your picture.

Sonia Kanchan, Staff Writer

Click, smile, next, click, smile, next….TJHSST picture day is right around the corner, on September 4 and 5. Here are five tips to get you ready for your big day.

1. Clashing colors are a must.

It’s an up and coming trend, taking over the nation, from preschools to business offices in D.C. to the red carpet at the Oscars. Now it’s your chance to jump on the bandwagon. Bring in those orange button-down shirts paired with the ketchup-colored ties and purple scarves with hot pink tank tops.

2. To all the guys out there, it’s No Shave September.

Image Courtesy of Fanpop via Google Images.
A beard as long as Dumbledore’s is a great fashion statement.

Skip that shave day, and walk in with those patchy beards. Remember how shaving cream was your best friend? Not anymore. Embrace those scruffs. Follow in the footsteps of Dumbledore, and let it grow. Additionally, if you were too busy “schmooping” that book you were supposed to read for English, and forgot to fix your hair in the morning, I’ve got the perfect solution for you. About five minutes before picture time, just dunk your head in the toilet, and style your hair (mohawks recommended). No gel needed.

3. To all the girls out there, raccoon eyeliner is a necessity.

Image Courtesy of Public Domain Picture via Google Images
Why go buy highlighter from Sephora if you have plenty in your pencil pouch?

With impeccable raccoon eyeliner, you will perfect the tired, heavy eyes that every TJ student strives for. I also suggest blitzing yourself with as much of the brightest green highlighter you have. If you really want to go above and beyond, use the highlighter you use for your math notes every day. And instead of trying to figure out the physics of an eyelash curler in one morning, why not just take a pair of scissors and chop off your eyelashes. You lose a couple dozen anyways with the curler, right? Last, but not least, you cannot forget to apply some mascara and drop a few tears, leaving you looking like the best-looking football player at TJ.

4. Welcome the sweat.

If you just had gym, and your face and neck are gleaming with sweat, don’t worry about it. There is no need to go through all the trouble to wash your face in the restroom. The sweat just proves that you worked hard in gym and you deserve an A in the class. And plus, a little sparkle never hurt anyone.

5. Resting. Grinch. Face.

Photo Courtesy of Vanyaland via Google Images.
An example of the ideal “Resting Grinch Face”

Smiles are overrated, especially the ones where you look incredibly happy. If you genuinely want to display your “beautiful” teeth, be sure that there’s spinach (from your salad lunch) stuck in at least a couple of teeth. It adds some color to your picture. It’s also extremely important to purse your lips and squint your eyes, as much as possible. It will really bring out your nose, trust me. Fine-tune your resting grinch face the night before to produce the ultimate photo.

If you took the time to read through all five tips, I assure you, that your parents will be swooning over your flawless picture and it will be one that they hold on to for years to come.

DISCLAIMER: Please do the opposite of everything stated in this article for the above statement to be true.