TJTV News, Episode 33: Oct. 16, 2017

Here’s some more information regarding some of this morning’s announcements:

Want to learn about great summer research opportunities? Come to today’s JLC info session to learn about a number of different summer internship programs available for this coming summer. The session will be held in the Lecture Hall given by the TJHSST Mentorship Program Director, Mr. Lampazzi. Note that the Science and Engineering Apprenticeship Program (SEAP) is just one of the programs that will be described; be aware that the deadline for this popular program is fast approaching on October 31.

Every Friday night, TJ Cheer is out on the track cheering on the football team and promoting school spirit. Now, the time has come to get rowdy in the stands for TJ Cheer as they compete today in the district finals! The competition is at Wakefield High School and crowd participation is PART OF THEIR SCORE! So come out and cheer on your cheer team!

Attention Students: There will be an interest meeting for TJ Swim & Dive this Wednesday, October 18th both A & B Blocks in Gym 2. Please only sign up for one of the blocks. Information about tryouts will be provided. Come meet Coach Handerhan and learn more about joining the Swim/Dive Team!

Interested in joining a fun winter sport? Come to the wrestling interesting meeting during this Wednesday A block.

Join a panel discussion during 8th Period (A & B Blocks) this Friday, October 20th in the Lecture Hall with Glenn Kessler, fact-checker for The Washington Post, Robin Hanson, Associate Professor of Economics at George Mason University, and Ethan Porter, Assistant Professor in the School of Media and Public Affairs at George Washington University, for a discussion of the effects social media have on the news and information we receive and consume.