Students compete in TSA Regional Fair

Students compete in TSA Regional Fair
Sophomores Zachary Wade and Kyle Herndon work on one of their events.

Thirty students traveled to Mount Vernon High School to participate in the Technology Student Association (TSA) Regional Fair on March 9. After registering late and receiving their events during midterm week, the TJ TSA members worked for hours the day before the fair to make an impression on the other schools.

Jefferson claimed 13 trophies at the fair, in events ranging from writing competitions to engineering competitions.

“Although it was my first time in TSA, my fellow teammates and team advisor helped me better understand how everything works,” freshman Jagan Doodala said. “I learned that there is a lot more to technology than meets the eye and much cutting-edge research is being conducted across various fields of technology.”

The awards ceremony took place at the end of the day. Freshman Asha Krishnakumar, Sruthi Jayaraman, Rohan Pandit, George Perry, Raksha Pothapragada, Justin Redman and Pranay Singh and sophomores Kyle Herndon and Lucas Lin placed in the top three in various events and were awarded trophies.

The States competition will take place at the Richmond Convention Center on May 3. The students who placed in the top three, as well as other members of TJ TSA will be able to participate.