Public Forum debate celebrates year with ramen party

R. Rupireddy
Reaching for a package of ramen, freshman Dhanvin Ganeshkumar focuses on cooking it and making it ready to eat. The ramen had to be prepared with warm water and spice packets in order to enrich the taste of the ramen. “The celebration was a blast spending quality time with friends and having great food,” Ganeshkumar said.

On Monday, June 3, Public Forum (PF) debate hosted an end-of-year party in celebration for the season of the debate they had. The party consisted of cup noodles, Buldak, Shin and a vanilla-flavored cake.

“Ella Zhang and I decided on this idea after noticing that PF had some leftover ramen from J-Day, so we felt that it would be best to have some fun for our public forum members,” junior Andrew Wang said.

For PF, there were many struggles for the officers and members alike, but they were able to overcome their challenges, which led Wang to have a drive to give back to the debaters for their efforts.

“This year, we had trouble finding a coach to bring us to in-person tournaments, so we had to attend mostly online ones. Even with this setback, I had a great time debating with my partner,” Wang said.

To Wang, this celebration was a symbol of tradition and culture within PF, and he sees it as a way of strengthening the public forum community.

“We wanted to host a celebration and do something special for the seniors that were leaving the club because they taught us so much and inspired us to debate. I had a great time during the last PF block and I hope underclassmen continue the tradition,” Wang said.

The celebration was received with gratitude from PF debaters for all the effort that had been put into making this celebration possible.

“I was genuinely impressed by the effort put into the celebration. The party was well-planned, and having ramen and cake for the entire 8th-period block made it even more enjoyable. I’m really glad I participated. It was a fantastic way to wrap up the year, spend time with my friends, and enjoy delicious food,” Ganeshkumar said.

“I feel as if the PF celebration was a good sendoff to the graduating class of 2024 as they pioneered a golden age for PF debate, as for the effort I feel as the effort went far above what I had originally thought which is good as we don’t typically get parties in PF that isn’t like a weekly occurrence or something,” freshman Aarya Anaspure said.

The celebration helped reconnect many members of PF with one another.

“It was nice to see the PF team come together, and see some officers I’ve never met,” Anaspure said. “ I saw all my friends have some fun at one of our last 8th period blocks. That’s what made this party feel special for me.”