TXT’s ‘Minisode 3: Tomorrow’ brings catchy feelings of nostalgia

TXT%E2%80%99s+sixth+mini+album+release+had+four+different+concepts%3A+Promise%2C+Ethereal%2C+Romantic+and+Light.+
Image Courtesy of Big Hit Entertainment
TXT’s sixth mini album release had four different concepts: Promise, Ethereal, Romantic and Light.

Kicking off their world tour, Tomorrow By Together (TXT) released a mini album titled “Minisode 3: Tomorrow” on April 1, 2024. The mini album included six songs with their lead single “Déjà Vu.” This release took a turn from their previous album with feelings of sweet reminiscence of undiscovered feelings—a truly dreamy album.

The first song, “I’ll See You There Tomorrow,” starts with vocals by Soobin and Taehyun. The song delves into the feelings of turning into an adult. They demonstrate their fears of no longer being able to return to yesterday and having to face tomorrow. The song also connects to the story “The Little Prince,” with multiple lyrics, such as “Because of your golden hair/As if you love a shining field of wheat,” aligning with the primary message that adults often forget the most important things in exchange for the temptations they follow. In “I’ll See You There Tomorrow,” TXT tells their fans, Moments Of Alwaysness(MOA), that they will recognize little details when they become adults.

The second track, “Déjà Vu,” is sentimental perfection. This song reflects the feelings of reckoning with one’s future self and how it feels like déjà vu; the lyrics also delve into ideas of love outlasting both time and space. In the song, it has references to past TXT songs such as “Eternity” and “Crown.” The nostalgic lyrics paired with TXT’s vocals truly make “Déjà Vu” one-of-a-kind.

“Miracle,” the next song, begins with vocals by Taehyun, who sets an angelic tone before the song switches to a more pop-rock type of song. Taehyun Soobin and Hueningkai sang the chorus, adding their great vocals to the captivating melody, “One, two, three, it unfolds/One, if it’s you, two, so much, three (Three)/I’m waiting for the miracle called tomorrow.” This song makes the listener feel hopeful and fills you with feel-good energy.

Soobin and Yeonjun sang the fourth track, “The Killa (I Belong To You),” which is the band’s first song delving into the Afrobeats genre. The song is reminiscent of “Tinnitus,” released on their previous album “The Name Chapter: Temptation” in 2023. The song, simply put, is addicting. In the lyrics, TXT replaces a simple “I love you” with “Please tame me as yours” to convey their longing for love and the hardships they face in expressing themselves.

The fifth track on their album, “Quarter Life,” contains similar meanings to “I’ll See You There Tomorrow.” “Quarter Life” focuses on the transition from childhood to adulthood and depicts the feelings of confusion that follow along. This is done through their key lyric, “Quarter Life Crisis.” Ultimately, this song is beautifully made with guitar instrumentals paired with TXT’s vocals. One member who sticks out the most is Hueningkai. His vocals feel delicate, yet they are sharp in the chorus and post-chorus.

The last track of “Minisode 3: Tomorrow,” “Déjà vu (Anemoia Remix),” is a mix of the lead single that accentuates the original’s nostalgic feelings that it brought. Anemoia is defined as “nostalgia for a time or a place one has never known,” which perfectly describes this mix. This song feels exactly like a TXT song I have known forever, yet it has barely been a couple of weeks since the album was released. TXT provokes these undiscovered memories that really resonate with one another. 

TXT has brought these songs to MOA and they did not disappoint. This album is a great kickoff for their world tour coming up which will begin on May 14 in the state of Washington and will end on June 8 in Washington DC. “Minisode 3: Tomorrow” brings these feelings of nostalgia and growth that depict TXT as they grow up and find themselves.