SGA to hold Among Us tournament

Image courtesy of The SportsRush

At the Nov. 6 event, students will have the opportunity to meet new friends and enjoy the online game Among Us.

Rhea Goswami, Staff Writer

Jefferson’s Student Government Association (SGA) will be holding an Among Us Tournament on Nov. 6 from 6 to 8 p.m. for students of all grade levels. 

“The Among Us tournament is a tournament where students can meet new friends across different classes and have fun playing the popular game Among Us,” junior and executive committee member Anna Catalano said. “They will also have the opportunity to win prizes.”  

The SGA hopes to reconnect students through the popular game to create a new normal amid the virtual school year. 

“A lot of our normal events this year are postponed. But we still want the TJ community to be the tight knit family we’ve known it to be,” junior and SGA Treasurer Bhaswith Suresh said. “So our hope is that this tournament will foster that community we’ve known for so long.”  

Among Us has risen in popularity especially among students because it allows for a lot more players to simultaneously enjoy the game. 

“We had a couple of ideas but specifically wanted something that we could have larger groups of more than eight or nine people and among those allows for 10 people,” Suresh said. “Also, a lot of students are playing it right now regularly so it’s a good way to integrate what everyone is playing into an SGA event.”

In the future, the SGA plans to continue engaging with the Jefferson community through similar events. 

“It looks like we’re going to be in this for the long haul. We have several more summer ideas that we want to implement in our goal to host community events,” Suresh said. “Online multiplayer games are going to be a great method for us to be able to do that this year.”

If you are interested in participating in the Among Us Tournament held by the SGA, click here to join the Zoom meeting.