Top ten activities to do during Corona-cation

Courtesy of publicdomainimages.net, Peter Griffin

Nimesh Rudra, Staff Writer

Due to COVID-19, FCPS has closed till April 10, 2020. In accordance with social distancing guidelines, here are the top ten things to do indoors.

10. Play board games with the family

Roll the dice and have some fun playing board games such as Monopoly, Scrabble, and others with your family. There’s definitely not much time during the school weeks to play games due to the rigor of Jefferson classes, so take advantage of this time. It will be an engaging experience, which will make the hours slip by. . Before you know it, dinner will be ready.

9. Learn how to cook or bake your favorite dish

With some help from the internet and maybe your parents, you could try to finally learn how to make the dish you love. You do not have to be dependent on anybody to keep you satisfied, at least for food. Put together the ingredients and recipe, and you should be halfway done!

8. Play an instrument

It’s time to brush off the dusty instrument in the closet and start playing. If you are in a Jefferson music course, this would be a great time to practice and refine your skills. If not, the practice can go towards impressing your family. Either way, the clock keeps moving.

7. Change your voicemail

Play around and create a crafty voicemail. An effective voicemail is funny but also to the point. It takes time, but the result will be encouraging. At the end, try asking a friend to call you and check it out.

6. Play Balloon Volleyball 

Blow up a balloon and use it as a ball, bouncing from one side to the other. If you are alone, see how many times you can tap the balloon before it touches the ground.

5. Read a book or maybe write one

Read a series or reread a series you like. You can go the fantasy way and read Harry Potter or the sci-fi way and read Maze Runner. Many Jefferson students do not have the time to do this, so this time will be great to get some reading in. You can get creative and try to write your own novel. Who knows, maybe it will get published?

4. Make a video

It can be on TikTok, Youtube, or any platform you feel is appropriate. The Jefferson community has seen all of the popular music videos done during school, but try to spice it up with one at home. Try to use some editing and graphics to make a more exciting video. Share them with your friends and see what they think. Maybe they’ll join in on the fun.

Check out recent content on TJTV for inspiration!

3. Prank someone harmlessly

You could do a prank call or any other form of pranking. However, make sure that they will not be harmed in any way and this prank will not put them in danger. For example, if you can get a hold of somebody else’s phone, remove the case and put tape over the camera. Color the tape and put the case back on. When they take a picture, they won’t exactly get what they had in mind.

2. Practice Nerf shooting

Set up targets around the house and see how many times you can hit a specific object. Make the targets progressively smaller to challenge yourself. Ensure you are not harming yourself, others, or property. 

Courtesy of AMPStudios and Pixabay.com

1. Go on a movie/TV series marathon 

Grab yourself some snacks and a blanket and have a fun time watching movies or a show. Remember to not get trapped into a binge. We all know what that leads to. 

Here are some of my favorites: 

• The Office – Netflix
  • Avengers series – Most on Netflix
  • Ford v Ferrari – Rent on Amazon Prime
  • Ferris Bueller’s Day Off – Netflix
  • The Other Guys – Netflix

Or, check out our recommended list of K-Dramas on Netflix

Image courtesy of Pixabay.com