Jefferson announces Class of 2023

Aafreen Ali, Staff Writer

The test results for this year’s pool of Jefferson applicants were sent on Friday, March 22 at 6 p.m.

8th grade applicant Pramodani Arulkumar was accepted on Friday and will be attending Jefferson as part of the Class of 2023.

Arulkumar always knew that she would take the admissions test. In her eyes, applying to Jefferson was a step on the way to expand her horizons and fulfill her goals in the future.

“I thought the TJ test was a way for me to expand my knowledge. I really wanted to get [accepted] to have a chance to enjoy what TJ has to offer,” Arulkumar said. “TJ can help me achieve my career goal of becoming a doctor and learning more about STEM, science especially.”

At first, Arulkumar was confident in her ability to get in, but later on, she felt doubts about whether or not she would be accepted.

“After a while, I began to doubt myself and I became really nervous on the day they were going to post results,” Arulkumar said.

When she received the acceptance email from Jefferson admissions, Arulkumar was ecstatic. She was also glad to have the option to attend Jefferson and Madison, her base school.

“To be honest, I felt relieved that I got in. But I also wouldn’t have minded if I wasn’t [accepted] because Madison is a pretty good school too,” Arulkumar said. “And if I don’t like TJ I could always [transfer] out.”

Like many applicants in the 2023 pool, Arulkumar is excited to have been accepted. She looks forward to attending in the coming school year and meeting new people.

“I think the best part of TJ will be the fact that I’ll get to interact with other students that are [on my level],” Arulkumar said.

Jefferson’s newly selected Class of 2023 will need to confirm or deny that they will be attending by Friday, April 5 at 4 p.m..