Class of 2018 enjoys annual Lock-Up

Freshmen Anthony Thomas and Sean Ji perform breakdance, street dance and Bhangra through their lock-up talent show performance in the Audrey Moore RECenter on May 15.

Katherine Du, Online Staff

What more could you expect to have jammed in the Audrey Moore RECenter aside from their swimming pool sweeping much of the top floor as well as game courts for various sports? From May 15-16, Class of 2018 was able to experience more than just the RECenter through a night filled with friends and fun.

“Playing basketball, swimming, playing volleyball, playing laser tag and human foosball were all made more exciting with my friends,” freshman Taylor Kim said. “The entire experience is something that I won’t forget about anytime soon.”

This year’s lock-up presented itself as exceptionally organized, due to a network of collaboration between class council members, sponsors and the entire freshman class. Aside from athletics, popular movies were viewed, including Big Hero 6, Inception and Pitch Perfect. Several individuals also chose to compete in video games, while others relished continuous hours playing board games and cards. Ninety-nine pizzas were ordered near midnight, followed by munchkin donuts in the early morning.

“I thought the talent show was the best because it was really fun seeing people demonstrate their different interests in front of the class,” freshman Grant Li said.

The talent show was the first event to take place after students arrived and received neon green admission wristbands. Highlights included opera as well as modern singing, Indian dance and poi. Furthermore, unique features of the freshman class were recognized through superlatives as students were voted “Best dressed,” “Most likely to be your boss” and “Most likely to accidentally commit a crime,” among others.

With each other’s company, most of the participants managed to stay awake through the exhaustion until the rest of the weekend.

“The most enjoyable part was spending time with the people that I care about,” freshman Thomas Baron said. “My friends weren’t so filtered so it was funny to see what goes through their minds.”