Bed, Bath, and Beyond representatives present seminar on college packing

Alexis Williams, Spread Editor

For seniors, college applications and acceptances are finally over and it’s time to begin getting ready for college. One of the most important parts of this is packing everything they need in order to be successful living away from home. However, for many, it can be hard even knowing where to start.

That is where Jason Delp and Amy Fontana, representatives of the store Bed, Bath and Beyond, come in. Delp and Fontana visited Jefferson in the College and Career center on May 30 to talk to seniors about packing for college. They held three sessions, one during lunch and two during eighth period, in which they presented different items that are important to bring for college.

Delp and Fontana started off with a short presentation, followed by a longer question-and-answer session. They brought with them many items from the store, including chairs and storage examples, for students to try them out. They also handed out a pamphlet with a checklist for seniors going to college.

According to Fontana, the biggest problem that many seniors face is that they are not prepared when packing for college.

“It’s most important to just have a plan and be organized, and to know what you need,” Fontana said.

Many seniors used this presentation as a starting point to begin thinking about packing for college.

“I hadn’t really thought about how what you buy to flesh out your room depends on what the dorm already has to begin with, especially storage,” senior Sayed Malawi said.