Students prepare for SAT subject tests

Students took practice SAT subject tests on March 22, an event made possible by the Class of 2015.

Esther Kim, Sports Editor

As students begin to prepare for various major exams coming up in the end of the year, the Class of 2015 hosted a practice SAT subject test event at Jefferson on March 22.

The event, which was organized by the partnership of Kaplan and the Class of 2015, provided Math II, Chemistry, Biology, Physics and U.S. History SAT subject tests to all students who were interested in taking the exams. Each student was able to take at most three exams after paying 20 dollars to the Class of 2015.

“We had about 100 students take the tests,” junior Nan Baker said. “SAT subject tests are very relevant to students and is also a great fundraising opportunity for our class.”

Numerous students who took the tests were able to gain more experience and expertise in taking the time-constrained tests.

“I took the practice tests for Physics and U.S. History,” junior Melissa Wu said. “By having similar test problems and being under timed conditions, the practice tests helped me become more prepared for the real tests.”

The Class of 2015 will be distributing the answer sheet and explanations of the tests to the students on March 28.

By holding frequent practice exam events, the Class of 2015 not only hopes to encourage students to become skillful test takers, but also to support the class.

“Since students have already seen the tests through the practice, it familiarizes them with the format and style for the real test,” Baker said.