RDFZ Art Troupe holds performance at Jefferson

Students of the art troupe of the high school affiliated to the Renmin University of China (RDFZ) performed a traditional dance of a matriarchal village in the Yunnan province.

Sandy Cho, News Editor

Loud traditional music along with the chimes of bells from the performers’ outfits filled the auditorium as the audience watched, mesmerized at the powerful moves of the girls performing a traditional dance from the Yunnan province.

On Feb 5, the art troupe of the high school affiliated to the Renmin University of China (RDFZ) performed a mix of cultural dances and music from China as a part of their American tour during both A and B blocks.

The art troupe, which has won many international awards, consists of eight different art groups and boasts of more than 600 high school students who have been selected for both their academic abilities and artistic skills.

Ranging from impressive dynamic moves of the aerobic team to beautiful singing to fierce traditional dances, the art troupe’s performances not only impressed the Jefferson community but also provided a better look into the intricate cultures of China.

“It was absolutely stunning. It’s great to see our Chinese tradition being celebrated in such beautiful art forms,” junior Coco Chen said. “The performers are highly skilled, it’s hard to believe that they are only amateur dancers.”

Check out photos from the performance!