FCPS holds annual College Fair and College Night

The Fairfax County Public Schools-sponsored College Fair and College Night events will be held on Sunday, Oct. 14 and Monday, Oct. 15, respectively.

College Fair will be held at Fair Oaks Mall from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., and College Night will take place at Hayfield Secondary School from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m..

The events will offer an environment for high school students to get accustomed to both the college application process and the unique features of over 400 colleges.  College Fair is a popular event with approximately 5,000 people attending annually. Similarly, College Night is just as well-anticipated, with between 2,000 to 3,000 attendees every year.

“[It’s an] annual event that is always highly attended by our students and parents here in Fairfax County,” FCPS superintendent Scott Brabrand said in a video to the public on September 7th.

Several workshops will be available at College Night for upperclassmen and their families.

“There’ll be additional workshops to learn more about the college experience, from applying to financial aid, to understanding its particular consideration for students, for example, with disabilities,” Brabrand said.

FCPS encourages upperclassmen to attend College Fair or College Night to get accustomed to the college application process.

“I hope, either night, you take the opportunity to go out and learn more about all the colleges that are out there…” Brabrand said.

Student registration for both events is available at https://www.fcpscollegefairs.com/Registration/EventSelectForState?stateName=All