Musical Extravaganza practices begin

Musical+Extravaganza+practices+begin+
Senior Victoria Holt directs students during a lunch rehearsal for the senior class Musical Extravaganza.

Homecoming is more than a month away, but rehearsals are already underway for each class’s Musical Extravaganza. The senior class began their daily lunch rehearsals on Monday, Sept. 10.

The Musical Extravaganza often takes much organization on the part of student leaders and coordinators. Students organize everything from choreography and costumes to live music.

“The most difficult part of organizing MEX is communication. There are a lot of variables to consider. It can be stressful, but organization is key,” senior Ryan Feng, class historian, said.

Homecoming week will start Oct. 15, with the pep rally and football game scheduled for Oct. 19. The school-wide theme for this year is “Awesome Alliteration.” Each class will be judged on the quality of their Musical Extravaganza, along with their banner, T-shirt design, money wars, canned food sculpture, float construction and class cheer, as part of a school-wide competition.

“The group rehearsing is really excited. Everyone attending rehearsals really wants to be there,” senior Kyler Blogett said. “With a group that big, coordination is going to be a recurring problem, but the leaders are doing really well.”