Avni Singh, Team Leader

A senior at Jefferson, Avni is in her third year of working on the newsmagazine staff. As Production Editor, Avni ensures pages are ready to be printed, runs meetings at the start of production cycles and deals with corrections. In the past, Avni has served as a staff reporter and a team leader. Avni joined tjTODAY because she wanted to explore journalistic writing and graphic design while also pursuing a rigorous STEM-based education. She enjoys reading, listening to music, painting and baking, and has interests in engineering, physics, mathematics and astronomy. Outside of journalism, Avni is a member of Aerospace Initiative, the Jefferson Cubesat team, TJ Peer Tutoring and Learning Is Fun For Everyone. After high school, Avni would like to pursue a career in aerospace engineering.

All content by Avni Singh
Photo courtesy of Pinterest user Nicole Hilton.

Top 7 of 2017: Fashion and Makeup Trends

Avni Singh, Production Editor
January 7, 2018

Stephen King’s “It” floats into theaters

Avni Singh, Production Editor
September 18, 2017
The view from the site of an Inca ruin along the trail. This picture was taken on the first day of the hike.

Hiking on the Inca Trail

Avni Singh, Staff Writer
July 19, 2016
Photo courtesy of NBC News. Pregnant mothers infected with the Zika Virus often give birth to babies with shrunken heads (also known as microcephaly). The Zika virus has been associated with the spike in the number of cases of shrunken heads in newborns.

The Zika virus: what do we know?

Avni Singh, Staff Writer
February 11, 2016
Can money buy happiness?

Can money buy happiness?

Avni Singh, Staff Writer
January 15, 2016
Sophomore Alex Lewis eyes the baked goods at the LIFE bake sale. The bake sale was held on Dec. 16 in the JLounge in order to raise funds.

LIFE holds bake sale to raise funds

Avni Singh, Staff Writer
December 18, 2015
Load More Stories