Homecoming Week: Thursday

Ellen Kan, Print Editor-in-Chief

On “Class-y Night,” the penultimate day of Homecoming Week, the sophomores and seniors continued to dominate at the pep rally. For the Best Dressed competition, students dressed up according to class theme: “Hollywood Nights” for the seniors, “A Knight in Shining Armor” for the juniors, “Back in the Day” for the sophomores and “Starry Night” for the freshmen.

Senior Kate Salamido dressed up as Carl Fredricksen from the Pixar movie “Up,” complete with balloons and a walker, taking home first place for Best Dressed Female. The Class of 2015 also won Best Dressed Male thanks to senior Mitch Woodhouse, who attended the pep rally in a golden morphsuit and a crusader’s sword – a motionless Oscar statuette.

For the second day in a row, the Class of 2017 proved that their spirit was superior, adding another 150 points to their total. Currently, the points are: 525 for the seniors, 375 for the sophomores, 225 for the freshmen and 75 for the juniors.

The canned food sculpture contest was also held in the morning during JLC. Although the sculptures had to be dismantled to be sent off as donations, the results will be announced during the Friday pep rallies, along with results for spirit video, banner, and class t-shirt. The outcomes of the rest of the categories – Musical Extravaganza (MEX), Money Wars and float – will be announced at halftime during the Homecoming football game, along with the winners of the overall week.